02 January 2011

My Resolution Is to Stop Ranting

What's wrong with this picture?



...

The picture's unattractive? Well, maybe that's true, but no. You're wrong. Ha. You were just defeated by an ugly picture.

...

I copied and pasted in a picture of Marine so I wouldn't have to draw her? No, I definitely drew that all by myself. You're really bad at guessing.

...

The strange unanswerable question about whether or not drawings of octopuses/octopi/octopeople should have beaks? Okay, forget it. I'll just tell you:

It's those stupid 2011 glasses.



They look ridiculous, and they don't make any sense. Seriously, we don't have two zeroes in the year anymore, so why bother? I remember being excited to wear the glasses in 2000. In 2010 it was a little questionable, but at least there were two zeroes.

You'd think that there's no possible way to make glasses out of a 2011, but somehow it was done. I imagine the glasses-makers had a conversation something like this:

Glasses Design Technician: So...how do we get another hole in the 2011 glasses?
Glasses Company Representative: Just make them a monocle?
Glasses Design Technician: No, that would look ridiculous.
Glasses Manufacturer: How bout we just stick a hole in the middle of the 1?
Director of the Ergonomic Quality of Glasses: Would that even look like a 2011? How would that even fit on your face?
Glasses Design Technician: It's a really stupid idea, but we can't stop making the glasses. Let's do it!

And then they all went out for pizza.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe well at least it is possible to say "Happy 2011..." but to me it looks just so weird! And then I realized you have to say "Twenty-Eleven!" That is a lot of syllables compared to "Twenty-Ten!"
    All I have to say to 2011.. I hope your the best, because your so different and unique. And I like all that, but it is weird, but I am ready for a new year so the different is taking over :P The best is to come!
    Haha but you make a very good point... the glasses do not make sense anymore :( Now we are officially goofs O.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just thought you were going to say that it was Marine smiling in the picture!

    ReplyDelete